Monday, January 2, 2012

Big Change in 2012?


We start another new year in Arizona for the 8th time, but I predict 2012 will mean big change for Team Burch. Jeff is putting in his paperwork to try and get back in the Army Active Duty. What that means is a “Full-time Army, they move you where they want you, live/work on post and have the chance of being deployed” type of lifestyle again. And really we only lived this lifestyle for a couple years at Ft. Riley in Kansas. And now the big difference is we have Mr. Andrew.

I have been amazingly calm and not worried or anxious about the possibilities of our move, but now that the new year is here and things are starting to happen, I have to admit I’m getting a teensy nervous and anxious about waiting to see what will happen and not being able to make plans for the upcoming months. I try not to worry until there’s something to worry about, but I HATE not knowing exactly where I’ll be the rest of this year!

We are aware that we’ve been pretty lucky the past 7-8 years with Jeff working as a deputy and then getting short-term Army National Guard jobs here and there. Now with changes coming fast, it’s scary, but I know there are exciting things in our future coming with the challenges.

So many what-ifs, but I’ve accepted military life and I’m going to make the most of it!

3 comments:

Ben Libert said...

Who knows -- you could be a short drive away in a few months. Think positive!

Melissa Boehning Libert said...

Oops. That was from me, not Ben :)

OUR WILD ZOO! said...

wow!!! You are an amazing, strong woman my friend. I'm truly proud of you. I loved seeing the updates of Mr. Andrew. How is that our babies will be THREE in a couple months?? noOoo :)
Time is going so quickly and it seems we have so much to catch up on. We're moving in a couple weeks and then I'd love to finally be able to sit down with you or meet up somewhere. Hope you're doing well - I think of you often.